"I will live with a heart of integrity in my house." Psalm 101:2b

Welcome!

'Hope you'll stay a while!

About Me

My photo
I am a student of Jesus, the wife of a wonderful rocker, Tracey, and stay at home momma to our two sweet things, Remy & Halle.
Join the Compassion Blogger Network
EverythingtheBook.com
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Be Changed

Happy September, sweet things! Life around here is (finally!) getting into a rhythym... Halle starts school tomorrow morning, and that is the last piece of the puzzle as far as things getting back to normal. I am a girl who loves a good schedule!
Join the Compassion Blogger Network 
I wanted to post tonight something that I think is super important~ September is Blog Month for Compassion International, and they are trying to set a record for number of children sponsored in September by using bloggers to get the word out. I know that I have talked about Compassion before, and I cannot say enough how much I love what they do!!

Our family has sponsored a little boy named Nthiani in Kenya for the last six years. We made the decision to sponsor when Remy was first born- we loved the idea of Remy growing up with a 'brother'. Nthiani is truly a part of our family, and we cherish each photo and letter that he sends. Remy and Halle both love praying for him and his family, and they love making pictures and sending notes and stickers. It is such a privilege to be a part of his life and to work with Compassion to share Jesus in this way!

So I'm going to ask a favor of you today~ Would you go to the 'Sponsor a Child' page on Compassion's site today? Would you pray for the child featured there? Pray that they would be sponsored... that they would meet Jesus in a real way... that they would have their physical and spiritual needs met in a profound way today? Perhaps even pray that God would lead you to a child to sponsor?

You can see from the link what a difference $38 per month can make in the life of a child. And I guarantee that it will make a difference in your life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment