"I will live with a heart of integrity in my house." Psalm 101:2b

Welcome!

'Hope you'll stay a while!

About Me

My photo
I am a student of Jesus, the wife of a wonderful rocker, Tracey, and stay at home momma to our two sweet things, Remy & Halle.
Join the Compassion Blogger Network
EverythingtheBook.com
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Monday! I just dropped Halle off for preschool and am home relishing just a few hours of alone time. What do you do when it's so quiet? First thing I brewed a strong cup of coffee (my third for the morning, if we're counting, but it's just part of the routine!), and now I'm sitting down to spend a few minutes with y'all. I really do love the fall, getting back into a routine and to reconnect with some of you more regularly. Summer was a blur!

Over the summer I started working at a bakery a couple of days every week. It is crazy fun, and I don't think it really counts as work because I love it so much. But in order to continue working two afternoons during the school year, it means that Trace has the littles and much of the dinner prep two days a week.

To make it easier on him, one habit I'm getting more into is meal planning. I love having everything planned out for the week, but especially on Thursdays and Fridays when I'm at the bakery until 5 and Tracey needs to get dinner rolling. Plus I kind of feel like the Proverbs 31 woman, 'rising while it is still night and providing food for her household'... seems like great stewardship of time and resources to have a plan in place!


My plan of attack involves making a detailed plan in my planner (Have I told y'all before how much I love my Erin Condren Life Planner?!) and then making a grocery list. I usually do this on Sundays, so that the week is mapped out. It is such a good feeling to see it on the page!

While I am definitely inclined to be in the kitchen, what I'm finding as I talk with friends is that menu planning is an intimidating task for some. Please know that it doesn't have to be! I cook and bake almost every day, just because I like to, but I am all about simple and meals that a)use regular ingredients that everyone will actually eat, b)don't cost a lot, and c)are quick and painless to throw together. I have started using my crock pot and freezer meals a lot, and it is so nice to have everything ready to go in the evenings!

So I thought that I would share with you a simple meal that I made last week. I really try to make things that use up stuff I already have, and the ingredients for this Pizza Soup were all here just waiting to be used!

Pizza Soup~

Ingredients:
1 large jar Pasta Sauce
2 jars water (just refill the pasta jar)
Italian Seasoning, to taste
Pepperoni
Sausage, cooked
2 cups pasta (I used penne, but whatever you have on hand)
1 cup green pepper
1 cup chopped mushrooms
any other pizza veggies you like!
shredded mozzarella

Directions: Put the pasta sauce, water, seasoning, and meats into the crock pot. Set on low for 4-6 hours.  One hour before serving, add the pasta and any veggies that you want. Put into bowls and sprinkle with the mozzarella. Easy Breezy!


I also made these breadsticks that I found on pinterest from Grateful Belly. They come together pretty quickly, but because I was working in the afternoon, Halle and I made them in the morning. I just had Trace warm them up in the oven right before dinner.  They were really simple, and Halle had a great time with the twisting and dipping them in butter.

So how do you stay on top of the weekly menu? Do you have a system in place? There are lots of great printables that I've seen on pinterest and other places to keep things organized... I'd love to know what works for you! I'm also planning on posting some more simple recipes in the days to come.

I hope you have a blessed start to your week~ see you soon, sweet friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment