"I will live with a heart of integrity in my house." Psalm 101:2b

Welcome!

'Hope you'll stay a while!

About Me

My photo
I am a student of Jesus, the wife of a wonderful rocker, Tracey, and stay at home momma to our two sweet things, Remy & Halle.
Join the Compassion Blogger Network
EverythingtheBook.com
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Catching Up

Hello, lovelies!! It's crazy, but suddenly I look at the calendar and realize that more than a week has gone by and there has been scarcely so much as a hello from me to you sweet things. I'm here, life is grand, and we are happily wrapping up the school year. I adore each and every one of you and your comments and clicks to this page!
I have been keeping busy with cake and cookie orders that are funding my trip to Africa this summer. (About $350 from my goal, for those of you who've been keeping up!) Last week I tackled this Nemo cake, which was my first foray into 3D cakes. We watch a ton of Cake Boss, so I used about every skill that I've gleaned from Buddy... the stacking, carving, and fondant layering about did my nerves in, but I was pretty happy with the end result. And it was much loved by the person who ordered it, so all ended well.
I also made these sweet Avenger cookies. If you know me and my family at all, you know that we are more than a little hero obsessed in our house. (I'm pretty sure once you name a child after an X-Men character you've gone way beyond crazy!) So once Trace & I saw the new movie and declared it the BEST. MOVIE. EVER., I had Avengers on the brain. I started with some Captain America cookies and posted a picture on Facebook, which generated an order for a whole collection of cookies. I have never had as much fun making cookies, I don't think! This bunch was shipped off to Indiana and well received by the guy who ordered them.

Well, there's what I've been up to~ what's been keeping your attention in the last week? Are you finding like me that things get crazy at the end of the school year? We have field trips, awards, programs, graduations... I'm looking forward to breathing deep and relaxing once the littles get to stay home!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Hearts at Home post. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment